Ida Zodrow brings over 30 years experience as a seasoned executive in public leadership and management to the resolution of client problems.
Few individuals possess the breadth of knowledge of health care, insurance, and regulatory systems as Ms. Zodrow. Her practical wisdom in health policy, government programs, and insurance regulation help craft solutions grounded in the reality of complex regulatory systems.
Former Washington State Deputy Insurance Commissioner – She has served as Washington State Deputy Insurance Commissioner under two administrations responsible for rate and form filings and for health care policy.
Former Chief Deputy Insurance Commissioner – In California, Ms. Zodrow governed as Chief Deputy Insurance Commissioner and as Deputy Insurance Commissioner for Administration. In her executive capacity, she:
- Developed and implemented a new business plan emphasizing consumer protection with the transparent and fair regulation of the insurance industry
- Developed workers’ compensation reform strategy, resulting in annual savings of more than $5 billion
- Improved the performance and accountability of insurance fraud investigators
- Improved financial planning, revenue generation, and expenditure controls
Former Head of the Washington State Health Care Authority – In addition to insurance regulatory agencies, Ms. Zodrow has led the Washington State Health Care Authority responsible for state employee and other health insurance programs. As administrator of these programs, she:
- Established value-based purchasing strategies for the acquisition of health insurance coverage for state employees, retirees and Basic Health members
- Developed consolidated prescription drug purchasing strategies
- Developed and implemented a performance based business plan
- Reduced coverage costs in the Uniform Medical Plan
- Negotiated cost saving contracts for third party administration and pharmacy benefit management
University of California, Berkeley, Cal. Master of Social Work (Administration) (1970)
University of California, Berkeley, Cal. Bachelor of Arts (1966)