Information management standards change every month. New laws appear frequently from rules for health care records to standards for protection of financial information. Every local, state, and federal agency seems to have a plan to protect your privacy.
These standards can impose substantial burdens on health care professionals in their daily practice and can surprise other small businesses unaware of a change in law. Every business should develop and implement information management and security standards that fit their needs while meeting legal requirements.
We can help you learn the rules and train your employees. Then we can help you develop a plan for regular compliance. We provide guidance about:
– New penalties and tougher enforcement
– Direct regulation of “business associates” of “covered entities”
– Breach notification requirements
– Expansion of patient rights to restrict disclosure and demand accounting for disclosures
– Changes in privacy and security of information